9.24.2008

Ålesund Arts Gathering

The train ride I will never forget.
It was filled with breathtaking sights and conversations that just brought a fresh wind in my heart. God appointed these people to meet me on the train.

Ingunn & Lise
We were left behind on the platform together. Our Arriving train was not able to spit us out quick enough and the Departure Trondheim train was ansy. So....we became instant experience friends and connected, we weasled the ticket master for new tickets and had coffee while we waited. I managed to speak Norwegian the whole time. 2 HOURS! They said I was 'flink'. I think it was a good thing. ha.On the train.
I love this shot with the quiet reflection in the corner.

Line (this is her name...Leeneh)
She introduced herself to me after slightly recognizing me in the Oslo train station. She had met me a year earlier in a small town fall festival in the middle of Norway. We had an amazing connection because of a personal heartbreak. It was the next 4 hours we spent together finding prayer answers inside the words spoken. God brought her into my life to bring me good news and for me to help her find peace. This is a true Divine appointment if I ever knew one. Åndalsnes.
7 hours later...at the end of the line...I had 2 hours by bus to Ålesund. The sights are getting more amazing!

Erin, Rannva, and I in Ålesund.
We hiked to the top of Fjellstua for a better look at the city. It was a very special city with water all over, mountains jutting up everywhere, and the sun was shining!

Lyspunktet Cafe
I was thrilled to join Caleb and Erin Paxton and thier band at the cafe for the concert during the European Arts Gathering (oh yeah, that is why I was there...for the gathering of the artists. It was cool)

Return.
I got to travel with some other friends who live in Skien. They were driving back so I joined in. The view was new from this road...even though I had been through all the same mountains. I think there is a lesson in this. Wouldn't you say? Same place, different perspective....unique experiences. Do I dare to have a new perspective...or to sometime go through something twice just to get the 'other' idea. Hmmm.

No comments: