10.28.2008

dizzy-effects!

we're home....in Skien.

barely.

The journey, as noted on the side of the blog....is done, gone, finished, final! We feel the same way about ourselves as we rode the 9th plane towards Brussels, Belgium. I looked over at Ragnhild and with dizzy eyes said 'Are you angry?' She looked at me with her puppy dog eyes...sunk into her tired face and barely squeaked out, 'nooo. why?' I turned towards the front, realizing my situation and said, 'I feel angry. I'm working so hard to get somewhere and it is no where close to Will. I am exhausting myself for this.' Oh Norway....we love you, just come quicker I guess.

Our journey has ended. But yet I feel like it only began. Now we are safe in our home and the dizzy feeling stays. I think I won't travel for a while. We need to rest. REST! If rest could be worked at...it is an oxymoron. It's our bodies that are dizzy with lack of sleep, time zone changes, and 10 airport visits. It's our souls that are dizzy from the stirring deep down. I sense a twisting of my heart, a squeezing of my strength, and even a calling out from a place called OBEDIENCE! Our souls need rest. Ragnhild and I will keep each other accountable to really take care of ourselves. We need to take important steps in slowly combing through the work that is started in us. A big question remains. WILL YOU OBEY? COME REST IN ME!!

--Erika

'So, how was the states?' That question has met me several times already today. And it is hard to respond. It was definitely a good time, but it is now turning into a hard time. I realized I was ready to go home on Saturday, and it is wonderful to be back in Nedre Elvegate with Helina. But I am slowly realizing I need to get HOME. God is calling me home to him, and it is harder to find that place and that couch where I can, yes... rest. After seeing, hearing, experiencing so many THINGS these last weeks, all that is left, all that really matters is God. And I have to make sure all those things don't stand in the way for him, as they so often do.

--Ragnhild

No comments: